Chicago Attorney Team – Taking Cases Nationwide
If you suspect your child was injured through an error or negligence during labor delivery or in the nursery, speak with our birth injury attorneys at Beam Legal Team as soon as possible. We can provide the level of compassionate and professional representation you will need in filing a claim or lawsuit in cases of cerebral palsy or brain damage caused by obstetrical, nursing, or neonatal malpractice.
Our attorney team in Chicago, IL proudly represent clients in all 50 states.
Our nationally recognized firm is proud of the following:
- We can handle even the most complex kinds of birth injury cases.
- We achieved a notable verdict of $144 million for a child with cerebral palsy related to birth trauma.
Our firm represents families in a wide range of birth injuries that are the result of medical malpractice. If you believe that your child's condition may have been the result of mismanagement of your pregnancy or labor, our firm can assist you in detecting a birth injury.
Need help addressing a birth injury? Call us at (866) 766-3806 for a
Our Team-Based Approach to Birth Injuries Yields
Medical malpractice cases are tough, expensive, bitterly contested, and politically charged. However, Beam Legal Team has over one billion dollars in verdicts and settlements for children injured at birth.
- What is the secret to our success?
- How do we surmount the anti-lawsuit and anti-child forces?
- How do we get the hundreds of thousands of dollars it takes to fight each one of these cases?
- How do we have the tenacity, stamina, and perseverance to fight for justice for 11 years on a case in Ohio and 17 years on a case in Pennsylvania?
- How do we litigate against highly skilled and well-financed insurance lawyers?
The answer to all of these questions is: Teamwork!
In our fight for brain injured children, we have joined with some of the finest trial lawyers in America to pool together:
- Medical consultants
The Beam Legal Team is passionate advocates for individual liberties and civil rights. In the past 15 years, our firm has recovered more than a billion dollars on behalf of injured children throughout the nation.
The Expert Witness in Malpractice Cases
Crucial to every malpractice case is the witness. Doctors never have a problem getting an expert to say that their medical care was "just great." Beam Legal Team has witnessed some of the worst negligence in obstetrical and neonatal malpractice cases. However, in all those cases the doctor can always find an expert to defend his or her care. All they have to do is pick up the phone and call a colleague or talk to one of their pals at the country club.
But it gets worse. In many obstetrical and neonatal malpractice cases, the first person to realize there is something neurologically wrong with a newborn is the pediatrician or pediatric neurologist. And who refers new patients to those doctors? The hospitals and the obstetricians.
It takes a very unique pediatrician to have the intellectual honesty and courage to tell parents that their child's injury may be related to something that happened at birth—that their baby should have been delivered sooner or via C-section.
If you suspect that your child suffers from a condition due to an error during labor, you should take immediate legal action, as the statute of limitations in your state could affect your right to file a claim.
Contact a trial lawyer from our firm for more information.
We have been handling complex birth injury cases since 1983.
We have earned an AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell®.
We have secured over a billion dollars for our clients.
We are available to represent birth injury cases in all 50 states.
& Firm Updates
- Judge Confirms Head Compression is a “convincing, credible and reliable” Cause of Brain Damage in Recent Birth Injury Case At Beam Legal Team, LLC, we always do our best to represent the rights of the wrongfully injured, even if they can’t speak for themselves. Unborn and newly born children are extremely susceptible to injury, ... Read More
- Attorney Jack Beam Speaks at Annual Obstetric Malpractice Forum The American Conference Institute’s (ACI’s) 18 th Annual Advanced Forum on Obstetric Malpractice Claims recently took place in Philadelphia the end of June. Beam Legal Team’s own founder and Managing ... Read More
- Early Monitoring: The Key to Prevent Certain Complications In terms of birth injuries, there are several actions that can occur that can result in serious birth injuries. However, it’s also imperative to recognize there are ways to help prevent certain ... Read More