Chicago Cerebral Palsy Lawyer
Helping Clients in Cook County Recover in Cerebral Palsy-Related Claims
Early in our firm's history, we recognized that a birth injury case pits a newborn or small child against the infinite resources of the medical and insurance industries.
Our commitment is to ensure that children have advocates with the support and skills necessary to bring them justice. We have effectively combined our resources with some of the nation's most skilled trial lawyers and medical consultants.
How Common Are Cerebral Palsy Injuries in the U.S.?
About 1 in 345 children in the United States have cerebral palsy. 1 to more than four babies per 1,000 children worldwide suffers from a form of CP.
Is your child suffering from cerebral palsy? Our Chicago Cerebral Palsy lawyers have successfully obtained a $144 million jury award for a cerebral palsy-related claim. Call Beam Legal Team, LLC today at (866) 766-3806 or contact us online to get started!
Who Should Be Held Responsible for Cerebral Palsy?
The birth injury of cerebral palsy will likely require lifelong adaption for the entire family. This can include the costs of therapy for the child, home care, and medical devices.
If a medical care professional has failed to live up to their requirement to provide reasonable care to the mother and child, they can be held liable for the damages. Care providers can also be held accountable for the mistakes of their employees.
What Causes Cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral palsy can result from incidents in the baby’s brain before birth, during labor, or immediately after birth while the newborn’s brain is still being developed. In some tragic cases, the injury results from medical or nursing malpractice.
Unlike adults, newborns need oxygen and other nutrients to sustain life and prevent serious injury.
There are three common factors that will determine how brain injury impacts the child’s motor functioning skills:
- The nature of the brain injury
- Where the damage occurs
- The severity of the injury
At Beam Legal Team, we have successfully represented children permanently injured during labor and delivery or immediately after birth.
We’ve Helped Families Like Yours
Our Chicago cerebral palsy attorneys are devoted to helping families deal with legal battles involving their injured children who had their lives impacted by a negligent medical practitioner.
Here are some verdicts and settlements we’ve achieved for families like yours:
- $144,585,020 Verdict - Our team accomplished one of the highest birth injury verdicts in the history of America. The medical staff failed to estimate the baby's weight and mixed up two patients! The child wasn’t delivered through C-section, although it should have been, resulting in severe injuries.
- $53,000,000 Verdict - We achieved this verdict after no practicing doctor detected that the unborn baby was not breathing. A cesarean section wasn’t performed for 12 hours after the mother went to the hospital after noticing her baby was not moving much.
- $11,000,000 Settlement - This settlement was achieved in a case involving a baby in fetal distress resulting in brain damage and cerebral palsy. The doctors and nurses confused the baby’s heart rate for the mother’s.
- $7,000,000 - In this case, that was settled for $7 million, the failure to interpret the heart rate monitor and deliver the baby sooner resulted in cerebral palsy.
We are available to represent birth injury cases in all 50 states.
We have secured over a billion dollars for our clients.
We have earned an AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell®.
We have been handling complex birth injury cases since 1983.
At Beam Legal Team, we build lasting relationships with our clients. We take just as much pride in our verdicts and settlements as we do in receiving hand-written notes and art from the children we help.
“I am so happy with our outcome and so glad we worked as a team to fight to the end.”- Tasha and Family
“Matt Patterson, my lawyer, always keeping my best interests in mind, was diligent in his investigations and dealings with their lawyers.”- Irene Bittner
“They have angels that fight here...it takes time so don't get discouraged but in the end, you will get results...I only wish I had found them first.”- K&M
“They helped me to get answers about "what went wrong" during my son's birth that left him with Cerebral Palsy after the hospital kept telling us that "sometimes these things just happen and we don't know why"”- Former Client
“We can't thank you guys enough for all the hard work. I wouldn't have traded lawyers for anything again.”- The West Family