Chicago Cerebral Palsy Attorney
We've Obtained Millions In Jury Awards for Cerebral Palsy Cases
Early in our firm's history, we recognized that a birth injury case pits a newborn or small child against the infinite resources of the medical and insurance industries. It is our commitment to ensure that children have advocates with the support and skills necessary to bring them justice. We have effectively combined our resources with some of the most skilled trial lawyers and medical consultants in the nation.
As a team, we are committed to the most successful outcome possible for your child, and have a strong track record of success. Our attorneys have successfully obtained a $144 million jury award for a cerebral palsy related claim. We are committed to providing our clients with aggressive legal counsel.
What Causes Cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral palsy and other forms of brain damage can be caused by medical or nursing malpractice. Unborn babies, just like adults, need oxygen and other nutrients to sustain life and prevent serious injury. At Beam Legal Team, we have successfully represented children permanently injured during labor and delivery or immediately after birth.
We have handled cases where medical professionals failed to perform a timely cesarean section in the following situations:
- The baby was too big
- The baby was becoming hypoxic during labor and delivery
- The baby was becoming ischemic during labor and delivery
- The baby was not developing normally and should have been delivered sooner
- The fetal heart was experiencing decelerations
- The mother was experiencing preeclampsia and/or hypertension
- Gestational diabetes and a "big baby"
- The mother's contractions were too intense and coming too quickly, not allowing the baby enough time to reperfuse.
- The premature rupture of membranes and a suspected infection
- The abruption of the placenta from the uterine wall
- A breached baby or abnormal position of the baby in utero
- Placenta previa
- A twin birth
- Improper use of forceps or a vacuum
We have also assisted clients when doctors and nurses failed to diagnose or treat:
- Seizures in the newborn nursery or NICU
- Hypoglycemia in the newborn nursery or NICU
- Polycythemia in the newborn nursery or NICU
- Hypovolemia in the newborn nursery or NICU
- Micrognathia or feeding disorders in the newborn nursery or NICU
- Infection in the newborn nursery or NICU
A child with cerebral palsy can be challenging and stressful to parents and family. It requires a high-level of care, which can be costly and add financial stress to an already difficult situation. If the injury to your child was caused by substandard medical care by your hospital or doctor, you may be entitled to financial compensation to help with past and future medical costs, as well as the other damages that are part of any tragic birth injury case. Beam Legal Team advocates for the rights of injured children to obtain justice in a court of law.
We Fight for Children’s Rights Across the Nation
If your child has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy, we recommend you contact a birth injury attorney at Beam Legal Team. Brain injuries as a result of birth trauma can cause cerebral palsy. Another cause of cerebral palsy can be oxygen or blood deprivation to the brain in a condition known as Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE).
Here's what you need to know about cerebral palsy:
- Cerebral palsy refers to a combination of disorders that affect body position, movement, and muscle coordination.
- Cerebral refers to the brain, while palsy derives from a Greek term meaning "lack of muscle control."
A cerebral palsy diagnosis can mean a lifetime of expensive care and treatment for your child. Depending upon the severity of the condition, intensive therapy may be able to help bring about positive change. The cost of treatment can be astronomical, which can put a heavy strain on your family. Our firm will investigate the circumstances preceding your child's cerebral palsy. We will be able to recognize the signs of negligence or incompetence that may have led to the condition. When found, you can feel confident that we will aggressively seek compensation for your child that will help to relieve your family's financial burden.
Suspect Negligence? Call Beam Legal Team to Find Out.
When the brain is injured at or near the time of birth, a child may become mentally disabled. If you observed abnormal signs in your newborn and your doctor is not providing the answers you are seeking, you should immediately consult with our firm. With the help of our lawyers, you can identify your child’s birth injury and take the first step toward financial compensation. Our legal team is equipped to investigate your child’s case and fight for your rights, so get in touch with us today.
To review the possible causes of your child's cerebral palsy, please give our firm a call to speak with one of our Chicago cerebral palsy attorneys.