We place our trust in medical professionals when we grant them the power to make life and death decisions concerning our lives and the lives of our children. Skilled medical doctors are worth every penny we pay them. They provide tremendous help, and we trust them with our life, health, and safety.
When that trust is betrayed by negligence and incompetence, or worse, a complete denial of responsibility for birth injuries to your child, you need an attorney from Beam Legal Team to help you fight for what is right and just with a birth injury lawsuit. We devote all of our time to helping children and holding negligent medical professionals responsible for their oversight.
Ready to take legal action? Request a free consultation online or call (866) 766-3806.
Over $1 Billion in Verdicts & Settlements for Our Clients
Our nationally recognized birth injury law firm can provide the resources you need to fight against hospitals and insurance companies. We are not just representing your child against a single doctor or hospital but against an entire industry.
Beam Legal Team joins forces with some of the most prominent trial lawyers in the United States, pooling our skills, experience, and resources to bring our clients the advocacy they deserve. We have worked with Geoffrey Fieger, who has won innumerable multi-million dollar awards for his clients. He is a relentless advocate of individual and civil rights.
Together, we have over one billion dollars in verdicts and birth injury settlements.
How to Know if You Have a Birth Injury Case
Since we’ve represented clients in nearly 30 states, our nationally-known birth injury attorneys at Beam Legal Team can make an initial assessment of your case. You can start this process by simply picking up the phone and speaking with a member of our legal team today. In professional liability and malpractice cases though, the law requires expert opinions to establish your claim. This is why we hire experts to provide the ultimate determination regarding the legitimacy of a given case.
We handle a wide range of birth injury lawsuits nationwide, such as those related to:
- Brain injuries
- Caesarian section (C-section)
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb's palsy
- Fetal stroke
- Head Cooling
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Mental retardation
- Vacuum extraction
Steps We Take to Pursue Just Compensation
If we take on your case, there are several steps we will certainly take to effectively pursue the best possible results:
- Investigating your case - We will need to analyze all documents and medical records from all time periods, including the pregnancy, delivery, and postnatal care.
- Consult with experts - We will take the time to carefully review your case with experts in the medical field to accurately determine the amount of damages.
- Make a settlement demand - After carefully reviewing your case, we can make a settlement demand to the insurance company of the medical care provider.
- File a lawsuit if needed - If a settlement cannot be reached, we can move forward with the filing of a lawsuit with the appropriate office. After a lawsuit is filed, this will initiate a formal discovery process.
- Take your case to trial - If any element of your case is contested, our firm will be willing and ready to take it to court. Our team of skilled lawyers can help you achieve a favorable outcome.
- Distribute funds - If a settlement is reached or a verdict is won in your favor, we will then work quickly to obtain the funds and disburse the funds owed to you.
How Long Does A Birth Injury Lawsuit Take?
From the time a client comes to our firm and signs an agreement to the time that we are able to write them a final check, there is a lot that must happen. The time this process takes will vary drastically.
We have had a case that went on for 15 years, but thankfully that is not the norm. The average length is around 2 to 3.5 years, but there are many factors that can affect the timing of the case including the jurisdiction. In Illinois, where our firm is located, it takes around three years to get a case to trial.
Rest assured, however, that there is no firm in the country that works harder to get the best possible results as soon as possible than us.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Birth Injury Attorney?
At Beam Legal Team, our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means you don’t pay anything unless and until we win your case. In many personal injury cases – especially birth injury lawsuits– the plaintiff wouldn’t be able to pay the exorbitant fees the insurance companies pay their lawyers. But unlike the insurance companies, our priorities are you and your child’s best interests. That’s why you don’t have to pay us any upfront costs.
Beam Legal Team: Helping Children & Families Nationwide
Few injuries are as devastating as those caused by the people who are supposed to help us – especially if the victim of this betrayal is your child. At Beam Legal Team, our Chicago firm is dedicated to helping our clients – families like you – get the compensation their children need and deserve after serious birth injuries. If you suspect that your child's illness or condition was caused by negligence during birth, you need to consult with our caring and well-versed legal team. We will do everything we can to secure justice on your family's behalf. Beam Legal Team represents parents from coast to coast.
If your child has suffered birth injuries, please turn to our attorneys for assistance.
We have been handling complex birth injury cases since 1983.
We have earned an AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell®.
We have secured over a billion dollars for our clients.
We are available to represent birth injury cases in all 50 states.
& Firm Updates
- Beam Legal Team Acts as Platinum Sponsor for Great Blue Benefit Event Beam Legal Team, LLC in Chicago is known for our work as a birth injury law firm and our commitment to our communities . We are proud to announce that we recently had the opportunity to act as a Platinum ... Read More
- Homer Glen Community Action Group Works to Improve Accessibility for Locals After her daughter was diagnosed with cerebral palsy ( CP ), Nicole La Ha Zwiercan of Homer Glen, Illinois, became immediately aware of how difficult day-to-day activities could be for children with ... Read More
- Beam Legal Team Supports Caretakers Who Have Loved Ones With Disabilities Beam Legal Team supports caretakers who have loved ones with disabilities and acknowledges the realities associated with the care of their clients. This year Beam Legal Team made a sizable contribution to ... Read More