Chicago Infant Brain Injury Lawyer
Beam Legal Team: A Nationally Recognized Law Firm Handling Birth Injuries
At Beam Legal Team, we have become known for handling all kinds of birth injury cases throughout the country, including brain injuries. During birth, it is crucial that the medical professionals delivering a child ensure that the child is delivered in a safe and timely manner. Even the slightest oversight or negligence could lead to serious brain damage.
Some examples of brain injuries or disorders that could result during birth and delivery include:
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (when the child's brain doesn't receive enough oxygen or blood)
- Cerebral palsy
- Brain damage
Brain trauma is among the most serious birth injury a baby can suffer, and it has the potential to change a family’s life forever. At Beam Legal Team, our Chicago infant brain injury attorneys investigate cases closely to determine the underlying cause and whether it could have been prevented. Our goal, in any case, is to secure the compensation victims deserve.
Need assistance? Request a complimentary consultation online or call us
at (866) 766-3806.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries in Infants
Traumatic brain injury in a newborn can occur when an external physical force is made to the head. This can take place during the birthing process if the head gets stuck in the birth canal or if the doctor places too much force on the infant’s head with forceps.
If the baby suffers from acquired brain injury, something occurred internally. In fact, a large percentage of brain injuries occur from asphyxiation, which is when the brain is deprived of oxygen. Some of the causes of asphyxiation include:
- Mother’s illness
- Complications with the umbilical cord or placenta
- The baby’s head getting stuck in the birth canal
If the cause of the baby’s brain injury was preventable, it is important to seek out medical attention and pursue a claim for compensation.
Our Experience with Infant Brain Injury Cases
Brain injury cases, especially when involving a child, require a specialty attorney with experience handling such situations. We have vast experience handling a wide range of infant injury cases, including brain injury cases.
- The following are verdicts and settlements we’ve achieved for past brain injury case clients:
- $30,000,000 Verdict - We achieved a $30 million verdict for a family who suffered at the hands of a hospital and obstetrician who was negligent in delivering the baby early enough.
- $9,500,000 Settlement - We settled a case for a family who had a depressed newborn who the hospital failed to properly intubate.
- $7,900,000 Settlement - Our attorneys obtained a $7.9 million settlement in a case where the practitioners did not perform an early delivery even though both the baby and mother were suffering from a complete placenta previa, which put the baby at risk for hemorrhage.
- $4,750,000 Settlement - Our team was able to settle a serious case where a baby suffered brain damage as the result of a misapplication of a vacuum device to the baby’s head.
Our ValuesSee Why Beam Legal Team
We are available to represent birth injury cases in all 50 states.
We have secured over a billion dollars for our clients.
We have earned an AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell®.
We have been handling complex birth injury cases since 1983.
TestimonialsHelping Families Just Like Yours
At Beam Legal Team, we build lasting relationships with our clients. We take just as much pride in our verdicts and settlements as we do in receiving hand-written notes and art from the children we help.
“I am so happy with our outcome and so glad we worked as a team to fight to the end.”- Tasha and Family
“Matt Patterson, my lawyer, always keeping my best interests in mind, was diligent in his investigations and dealings with their lawyers.”- Irene Bittner
“They have angels that fight here...it takes time so don't get discouraged but in the end, you will get results...I only wish I had found them first.”- K&M
“They helped me to get answers about "what went wrong" during my son's birth that left him with Cerebral Palsy after the hospital kept telling us that "sometimes these things just happen and we don't know why"”- Former Client
“We can't thank you guys enough for all the hard work. I wouldn't have traded lawyers for anything again.”- The West Family