Chicago Infant Brain Injury Lawyer
Beam Legal Team: A Nationally Recognized Law Firm Handling Birth Injuries
At Beam Legal Team, we have become known for handling all kinds of birth injury cases throughout the country, including brain injuries. During birth, it is crucial that the medical professionals delivering a child ensure that the child is delivered in a safe and timely manner. Even the slightest oversight or negligence could lead to serious brain damage.
Some examples of brain injuries or disorders that could result during birth and delivery include:
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (when the child's brain doesn't receive enough oxygen or blood)
- Cerebral palsy
- Brain damage
Brain trauma is among the most serious birth injury a baby can suffer, and it has the potential to change a family’s life forever. At Beam Legal Team, our Chicago infant brain injury attorneys investigate cases closely to determine the underlying cause and whether it could have been prevented. Our goal in any case is to secure the compensation victims deserve.
Request a complimentary consultation online or call us
at (866) 766-3806.
Causes of Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injury in a newborn can occur when an external physical force is made to the head. This can take place during the birthing process if the head gets stuck in the birth canal or if the doctor places too much force on the infant’s head with forceps.
If the baby suffers from acquired brain injury, something occured internally. In fact, a large percentage of brain injuries occur from asphyxiation, which is when the brain is deprived of oxygen. Some of the causes of asphyxiation include:
- Mother’s illness
- Complications with the umbilical cord or placenta
- The baby’s head getting stuck in the birth canal
If the cause of the baby’s brain injury was preventable, it is important to seek out medical attention and pursue a claim for compensation.
What Are Some Signs and Symptoms of Brain Injuries from Birth?
Symptoms of infant brain damage include:
- Cerebral palsy
- Prolonged neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) admission
- Abnormal swelling, bleeding, or edema, on CT, MRI, or ultrasound
- Bruising on the scalp, face, or body (trauma)
Children who are brain injured at birth can show increased signs and symptoms as they grow older. Children with brain injuries may have trouble crawling, walking, and doing other activities that require motor control. If you suspect that something is wrong with your child, please speak with our team of brain injury attorneys located in Chicago, IL, no matter where you live in the U.S., for legal guidance.
Our Experience with Infant Brain Injury Cases
Brain injury cases, especially when involving a child, require a specialty attorney with experience handling such situations. We have vast experience handling a wide range of infant injury cases, including brain injury cases.
- The following are verdicts and settlements we’ve achieved for past brain injury case clients:
- $30,000,000 Verdict - We achieved a $30 million verdict for a family who suffered at the hands of a hospital and obstetrician who was negligent in delivering the baby early enough.
- $9,500,000 Settlement - We settled a case for a family who had a depressed newborn who the hospital failed to properly intubate.
- $7,900,000 Settlement - Our attorneys obtained a $7.9 million settlement in a case where the practitioners did not perform an early delivery even though both the baby and mother were suffering from a complete placenta previa, which put the baby at risk for hemorrhage.
- $4,750,000 Settlement - Our team was able to settle a serious case where a baby suffered brain damage as the result of a misapplication of a vacuum device to the baby’s head.
National Birth Injury Lawyers Backed By Three Decades of Experience
If you have tried taking legal action and have spoken to another law firm but have been turned down, please seek our second opinion. Our medical analysts and experts can help us determine exactly what happened to your child at birth. If we find that medical negligence played a role in your child's brain injury, we will help you hold the persons responsible accountable.
We have more than 30 years of experience and have secured over one billion dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients. As skilled trial lawyers, we will take your case to court in order to obtain justice on your family's behalf if it is necessary. We will remain at your side until your case is finalized in the most effective manner possible.
For the well-versed legal services you need to address your child's brain injury, contact our Chicago brain injury lawyers.