Spastic Quadriplegia Cerebral Palsy Attorney in Chicago
Nationwide Representation. Free Consultations: (866) 766-3806
Spastic quadriplegia is a form of cerebral palsy that affects a child’s arms and legs, and in some cases the body. Spastic quadriplegia is different from quadriplegia in that it does not necessarily result in paralysis to all four limbs, but rather spasticity of the limbs that can create stiffness and involuntary movements. Spastic quadriplegia is the most severe form of cerebral palsy, and it can result in significant impairment that greatly impacts the life of a child and their ability to meet the demands of daily life.
Beam Legal Team is a trusted birth injury law firm that has extensive experience handling cases involving cerebral palsy and spastic quadriplegia resulting from medical negligence during birth and other critical periods of pregnancy, delivery, or care for newborns. We understand the life-altering repercussions of spastic quadriplegia, and the substantial needs of victims and families facing these situations. It is why we are devoted to helping families across the country protect their rights following medical malpractice and secure the compensation they deserve.
Why Trust Beam Legal Team?
- National Reputation and Proven Record of Success
- Experience Handling a Range of Cerebral Palsy Cases
- Over One Billion Dollars in Verdicts and Settlements for Families
- Caring, Compassionate, and Client-Focused Service
Beam Legal Team is based in Chicago and proudly serves families throughout all 50 states. To discuss your case and rights with a spastic quadriplegia cerebral palsy attorney from our firm during a FREE consultation, contact us today.
Spastic Quadriplegia from Brain Damage at Birth
Like other forms of cerebral palsy, spastic quadriplegia results from brain damage that can occur during delivery of birth. Often this brain damage results from oxygen deprivation to an unborn baby. Medical professionals who oversee a delivery have an obligation to monitor mothers and their babies, and take appropriate steps when risks or indicators of distress present themselves. When they fail to do so, such as when a medical professional delays a C-section, a baby can suffer from oxygen deprivation and brain damage, and develop spastic quadriplegia.
What Symptoms Are Common in Spastic Quadriplegia
The most common impacts of spastic quadriplegia on the victim's life are:
- Joints that are restricted from movement
- Muscle tightness or spastic movements
- Cognitive disabilities
- Muscle tremors
- Muscles that quickly and frequently contract then release
Your child's entire body can be affected if he or she is suffering from spastic quadriplegia cerebral palsy. Children who suffer with this disease are also at a higher risk of developing limb deformities. Another common issue is deformities of the limb or ankle. Additionally, other complications can occur throughout the child's lifetime.
Proven Spastic Quadriplegia Cerebral Palsy Lawyers
Over the years, our legal team has successfully secured over one billion dollars in verdicts and settlements for victims and families affected by cerebral palsy resulting from medical negligence. Our notable verdicts and settlements include birth injury cases involving many different forms of the disorder, including quadriplegia cerebral palsy. For example:
- $30 Million Verdict – Our legal team and Geoffrey Fieger secured a record $30 million verdict from a Cuyahoga County, Ohio jury on behalf of a 17-year-old boy who suffered severe brain damage as a result of a negligent obstetrician and hospital staff delaying an emergency C-section. By delaying the C-section, our client suffered from oxygen deprivation that caused his cerebral palsy and spastic quadriplegia, making him dependent on 24-hour care.
- $17 Million Verdict – Our firm obtained the largest verdict in an obstetrical malpractice case in the history of West Virginia when a Monongalia County jury found the hospital and obstetrician liable for negligence against our client and her family during and after birth. As a result of their failure to deliver a timely C-section and failures to properly resuscitate and treat the distressed newborn, our client suffered brain damage that caused cerebral palsy and spastic quadriplegia.
Trust in a Nationally Recognized Birth Injury Law Firm
By leveraging extensive experience, resources, and an unwavering commitment to clients, our legal team has established Beam Legal Team as one of the nation’s top birth injury law firms. If you have a case involving cerebral palsy, spastic quadriplegia, or any other birth injury, you can be confident bringing your case to the attention of our caring and compassionate team.
Contact us today to personally discuss your potential case during a FREE consultation.